PDS Tech is seeking a Mover for an open position in our Mobile AL area.
Assists in packaging and moving furniture, tools and other equipment by performing the following duties.
This assignment is expected to be approximately 6-11 months in duration.
Moving Furniture, Jigs and Tools: 50%
- Furniture Move (MFT desk, chairs, shelf) from current storage area to new work location
- Perform activities such as packing, and wrapping to ensure that each item is properly secured before the move.
- Load all packed and secured items onto delivery trucks, and strap them in to further augment their safety.
Operating Forklift: 50%
- Must be able to Drive small lift trucks to load and unload trailers
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Loading and unloading goods
- Adhering to safety management standards
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training
High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years previous experience assembly/moving of furniture
- Small lift truck handling
- Forklift Experience strongly preferred
- Onsite: 100%
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts.
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 50 lbs/22.68 kgs.
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 50 lbs/22.68 kgs.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving and taping of components and subassemblies.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor or while working on aircraft.
- Travel: N/A
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.