PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Work Materials Planner Attendant position in Mobile, AL
Reporting to the Supervisor, Work Material Planning (WMP), the WMP Attendant is responsible for the physical handling and coordination of all materials required for their respective assembly position's activities. The WMP Attendant will also problem-solve and escalate any issues related to part and tool supply and shortages. The WMP Attendant is part of an MFT in situ at the station and is required to follow all Safety and PPE guidelines and instructions relevant to the assigned work area.
This role may be required to work a rotating shift schedule between 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Receive parts and trolley deliveries at the drop zone, perform organization of parts according to work sequence or station needs, periodic audit and inventory of parts prior to placing in production, deliver ready parts trollies to point-of-use (POU), consolidate outstanding work in 'move-forward' trolley and place in designated zone, place empty trollies in the returns area.
- Assist with locating and identifying parts that are on shortage/loss on the station, remove rejected parts to MRB cage in conjunction with Quality, work with 3PL to define parts delivery and return flow timing (milk runs). Consolidation of overstock parts in designated location, perform inventory and prepare a return report, convey return report to Material Planner for SAP stock adjustment, physically prepare parts for pick up, organize physical parts return with 3PL according to the established process.
- Place at designated POU drop zone items such as hand tools, powered tools, cutting tools, small jigs, shop floor materials. Return of items to designated storage locations as directed.
- Shim Cabinet daily stocking and periodic inventory, provide input on re-order and adjustment based on production usage. Coordination with Production Back Shop Planner for 'make' parts pick-up and delivery to designated POU zones as needed by production.
- Consumables Cabinet daily stocking, shelf-life management and waste disposal of flying and non-flying consumables (including chemicals). Picking of consumables from the main store to place in POU cabinets, perform daily consumable kitting activity and delivery to POU at station, maintain accurate stock levels in cabinets and SAP of consumables, create and maintain records of consumables, tools and equipment movement.
- Visual inspection of consumables, tools and equipment for defects and wear, reports damage or wear. Coordinate station repair and maintenance services and schedules, request waste management services as needed.
- Coordinate with Material Planners and 3PL to validate daily material order receipt, parts availability, alternates and due date. Provide input to Material Planners for material consumption, batch order, quantity and order cycle.
- Prepare proper documentation for return shipments of transport jigs, tooling, accessories and packing materials of major fuselage sections, coordinate pick up, transfer and packing of goods for return with 3PL, communicate with all stakeholders to gain needed accesses and approvals, organize and execute shipments in accordance with the given deadlines.
- Assist with station clean up (5S) using various methods to increase organization and efficiency.
- Participate in daily Production and Planning meetings to align on station and organizational goals.
- Propose continuous improvement ideas to develop better processes for parts/tools.
- Participate in Audit preparation and Audit process.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience with production assembly, material and work planning, and inventory management
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- General knowledge of material and equipment used in the aviation industry;
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop floor safety and OSHA regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and provide solutions;
- Knowledge of and ability to use and apply LEAN knowledge and techniques;
- Ability to enter and retrieve information using a computer (SAP, Excel and Access advanced user);
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Able to enter and retrieve information using a computer (SAP, Excel and Access advance user)
- Periods of infrequent International travel are possible
- Authorized to Work in the US
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings; Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on shop floor.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions
- Space Limitations: Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet