PDS Tech is seeking a Senior Systems Integration Inspector (2nd and 3rd shift)(Circuit Cards or Electronic Manufacturing) in Huntsville AL. 2nd shift: 2-10:30pm, 3-11:30pm or 3rd shift 10:30am-5:30pm
The ideal candidate will:
- Perform all required inspections operations on mechanical, electrical and electronic parts, assemblies, tooling and software during receiving, fabrication, assembly, modification, rework, repair, installation, test and shipping in a team environment.
- Participate in or conduct First Article inspections of mechanical, electrical or electronic equipment for completeness and conformance with applicable drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering, customers, vendors, production workers and other Quality Assurance people as required to complete given tasks.
- Provide technical assistance while solving problems and recommend corrective action to be taken to prevent recurrence of rejections.
- Shift assigned will be based on bargaining unit agreements.
- Use and interpret DoD, NASA and Boeing blueprints, specifications, directives, documents, manuals, inspection plans and other similar information pertaining to Quality Assurance.
- Set up and operate measuring instruments and equipment necessary to accomplish work assignments.
- Follow inspection and statistical sampling procedures to accept or reject materials and adjust inspection levels.
- Interpret statistical process control charts and coordinate corrective actions and adjustments with quality engineering.
- Move materials from place to place within the work area. This material can include not only parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies, but also tools, jigs, equipment, documentation, and other supplies as necessary for inspection and or assembly/test of products. This may include the packaging or unpackaging of raw material and/or finished products.
- Setup equipment and perform tests on various products and assemblies using manual, semi-automatic, or automated test devices.
- Witness, evaluate, certify and record certification testing data and maintain personal certifications as work requires.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing shipments for proper identification, quantity, damage, packaging, paperwork, shipping instructions, and perform appropriate dimensional, composition, non-destructive, destructive and inspection.
- Review recurring discrepancies to ascertain cause and corrections required.
- Review completed inspection records to assure compliance with pertinent written directives and other program direction.
- Conduct internal reviews to assure compliance with the Quality Manual and other procedures such as Quality Instructions, Sampling Plans and Operating Procedures.
- Prepare and edit reports for approval by supervision.
- Assist Manufacturing QA Manager in continuous process improvement efforts.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintain licenses, permits and certifications required to perform assigned work.
- Perform other duties as assigned within general job classification.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with circuit card and/or electronics manufacturing
• Experience working to J-STD with Space Addendum
• High School Diploma or GED
• More than 3 years of experience performing dimensional, composition, non-destructive, destructive and/or inspections.
• Experience with gathering data and performing a Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).