PDS Tech is seeking candidates for an Aircraft Electrician Installer position in Mobile, AL
Responsible for completing electrical installations and connections which include Basic Aircraft installation, Cabin Installations, Cockpit and Cargo and Ground Test.
- Perform tests and inspections including but not limited to: the preparation and change of programs, checks system functions in compliance with work orders, inspects earth connections, performs continuity tests including ground test inspection, start of operation, trouble shooting, debugging, entering of measured values and documenting same in the SAP system
- Installs and produces electrical components at the station as per order including collecting, reading, comparing and set-up
- Prepares electrical components at the station or workplace according to work order including marking, preparing, laying, connecting, assembling, bundling, painting and soldering of parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Adapts, torques and secures electrical components including: equipment panels, printed circuit boards, sections and the documentation of works and queries (e.g. PIR Book, outstanding work folio items)
- Responsible for the sequencing and performance of work and subsequent results
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent form of education.
- Completion of a technology Certification of Training program from a post-secondary institution or a previous employer and documentation of same.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by Airbus after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality training
- Degree as an electronic technician or 5 years of valuable experience on test benches.
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent required
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Aviation Production
- Vision:adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing:able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking:able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation:Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
- Carrying:able to occasionally carry up to 55lbs/25kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting:able to occasionally lift up to 55lbs/25kg.
- Pushing/Pulling:able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting:able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling:Able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time.
- Heights:able to work at heights of approximately 40 feet on various types of platforms and lifts for various lengths of time
- Standing:able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel:able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Walking:able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces.