PDS Tech is seeking a Operational Buyer for an open position in our Mobile AL area.
Responsible for sourcing Spare Parts, Services or other requirements of external and internal stakeholders. The Operational Buyer (Contract) will issue Purchase Orders (PO), follow-up and closure of Purchase Orders.
- Sourcing of goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible utilizing lean tools
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports to internal and external stakeholders, multi-functional teams, etc.
- Collaborate ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, added value, and supply chain performance
- Negotiate agreements and review opportunities to maximize supply chain savings, reliability, and performance
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Ensure compliance and legal guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Lead supplier meetings to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Work collaboratively to negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plan
- Contribute to supply chain robustness by building, managing and recovering supplier relationships.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply-Chain Management, or related field, or combination of experience, education and training preferred
- Certified Supply Chain Professional or similar certifications preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in purchasing, supply chain logistics or similar field.
- Experience in global supply chain activities preferred; aerospace industry experience highly desired
- Experience utilizing an ERP, Microsoft Suite, and related software required.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Keen awareness of business, commercial and legal principles and ethics
- Fluency in English required, second language preferred (French, Spanish)
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Ability to work with & without supervision of his/her manager.
- Ability to work in an multi-cultural, multi-national environment
This position will report to the Head of Procurement in Mobile, AL.
This position will not have any direct or indirect reports except the normal day to day business relation with the supported function.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved Communication on a regular basis with internal and external parties
There are no specific physical requirements as the jobholder will work in an office environment without involvement in the physical movement of parts.