PDS Tech is seeking candidates for Scientist II role in Carlsbad, CA
We are seeking a creative and motivated Scientist II to join our rapidly growing Next-Generation Sequencing Applications team. The candidate will be responsible for contributing to the development and launch of new products and will work closely with cross-functional teams including Bioinformatics, Marketing, Technical Service and/or Operations.
Successful candidates will have a background in molecular biology; experience in Next-Generation Sequencing applications, including hands-on experience with library construction, clonal amplification, and reagent formulation is desirable. Familiarity with bioinformatics and/or computational biology is a plus, as is some coding skill in a relevant language. The candidate will work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
A master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or a related is desired. Alternately, a bachelor's degree with 3 or more years of experience is acceptable.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Designs experimental plans, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and writes technical reports, quantitative analyses, and product summaries
- Helps troubleshoot and solve difficult problems in the design/execution of development projects
- Maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Company required standards
- Presents data at internal and external meetings
- Interacts closely with other internal departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Quality, Operations and/or Technical Services)
- Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations
- M.S. in Molecular Biology or related field or B.S. with 3 years experience (≥ 1 year in industrial setting).
- Experience with the methods and techniques of molecular biology
- Proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve difficult problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise and accurate manner.