PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Structure Repair Engineer, in Wichita, KS.
Daily repair queries management
- Analyze customer's queries related to structural damages and substantiate the repair query for efficient treatment by relevant Design offices.
- Provide answers to customers' daily repair queries related to design and documentation in liaison with partner design offices.
- Maintain a strong interaction with the Repair Solutions team in Europe/offshore bases.
- Adhere to the 'Follow the Sun' working principles, and follow the processes in place for the Repair Solutions activity
- Liaise with Design Offices to ensure requested repair definitions and justifications are provided on time with the required level of quality.
- Collaborate and liaise closely with management to ensure that all repair solutions take into account the availability of parts for each repair.
- Initiate updating of structure repair documentation with the SRM (Structural Repair manual) organization.
- Ensure information flow to and from operators for repair matters.
- Ensure transfer of in-service experience and maintenance activities to the management, to other divisions of Customer Services and design organization including vendors.
- Use extensively the TechRequest tool for to keep records of technical queries, answers and exchanges with all involved parties.
- Participate to the Daily Operational Meeting and report any topic that becomes critical or requires escalation.
- Liaise closely with Customer Support directors and the Field service community to ensure alignment on sensitive topics.
- Adhere to agreed internal quality guidelines.
- Identify and follow up on damages related to potentially safety critical items.
On-site assistance and Support to Major Repair activities
- Assist operators on-site for structural damage evaluation or repair work performance, if required.
- Identify any dossier that may require a complex repair or modification assistance and ensure a smooth transfer to the Major Repair team for follow-up
Customer experience enhancement and Repair Solutions marketing
- Organize a monthly review (Webex) with the N.A operator under your responsibility.
- Participate to customer visits and regular business review, and be the Voice of Repair Solutions
- Strengthen the relationship with customers and other US-based business entities for the repair activities, and capitalize on every opportunity to promote the repair Solutions activity to internal and external customers.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and bill of material
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documentation (SRM, SB, IPC...)
- Knowledge of maintenance repair practices, equipment and ways of working is a plus
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to teams and business partners worldwide.
- Proven high motivation and flexibility to work in a highly demanding environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead and work with multidisciplinary teams in various locations
- Autonomous, ability to take initiative.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Present a professional appearance as generally accepted in the business and aerospace environment.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with a diverse international work force.
- Flexibility to be available on very short notice for travel worldwide.
Education/ Special qualification:
- Qualified engineer with 5 years experience in an airline/OEM/MRO environment, with knowledge of aircraft structure (design, fatigue, materials...)
- General technical and practical education in Aviation: Bachelor of Science/Engineering (BSc/BEng )degree or equivalent.