THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Aeronautical Engineer / airframe structural design engineer / Catia V5 - Clearance CA
1318-1 Aeronautical Engineer
Work Location: Palmdale, CA
Desired Start Date: 1/21/2019
End Date: 1/21/2020
This position is for an airframe structural design engineer for the U-2 program in Palmdale, CA. A successful candidate will apply extensive technical expertise to develop solutions to aircraft structural design problems and investigate and disposition non-conforming parts and assemblies on-site and in the field. This position will require a successful applicant to work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches for a design task.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Development, test, and validation of aircraft structural designs.
• Creating or modifying 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations, system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures and statements of work.
• Creating system requirements, trade studies, sub-component and flight test plans.
• Coordinating with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams.
• Providing manufacturing, component test and ground/flight test support.
• Investigating and determining root cause and recommending corrective actions for component failures.
• Serving as the prime technical contact for airframe structure and repair.
• May function in a project leadership role managing the system performance, budget and schedule.
CNE Work Location: Palmdale, CA
Level: Level 3: BS+9-15 YRS or MS+7-13 YRS
Pay Rate: $68.00 Hourly
Areas of Expertise CATIA Yes 2 6 + Years
Areas of Expertise Design Yes 1 6 + Years
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807