seeking first rate experienced composites fabrication technicians to join our dynamic Manufacturing Team. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. The technician in this position will work from engineering drawings and detailed work instructions to fabricate top quality composite parts and components. You will find yourself amongst the best and brightest while being part of a pioneering organization!
Key Components of position
Professional requirements for position
- Composites fabrication & sub-assembly:
- Fabrication of parts using wet layup and pre-impregnated composite materials
- Knowledge of properly preparing tooling for layup (Clean, seal, release)
- Placement and consolidation of composite materials in tooling
- Grinding, cutting, and trimming of parts
- Working knowledge of composite specific equipment including ovens, Gerber cutting machines, and Virtek laser computers.
- Bonding composite structures
- Hand finishing parts to proper fitment
- Wet layup with multiple resin systems and fabrics
- Locating parts and creating fixtures to blueprints and / or engineering instructions
- Attention to detail and ability to self-inspect work to ensure quality defects are mitigated
- 3+ years of experience with composites or aircraft fabrication and assembly preferred.
- Flexible to work overtime/modified/Non-standard shifts preffered
- Strong safety work ethic – recognizes the importance of properly handing hazardous materials, chemicals, tools, etc.
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing setting
- Complete understanding of “clean as you go”/5S/FOD/Tool control programs mandatory
- Ability to perform repairs on composite structures
- Experienced with quality inspection points and process documentation.
- Knowledge of resins, mixing, ratios, and paste mixes.
- Must be able to take direction well and is a strong team player.
- Extreme attention to detail and continual pursuit of perfection.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. 4 Knock-Out Questions (Qualifiers for your Position)
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted).
5 things they have to accomplish in first 6 months (need this experience)
- Question #1: Are you a US person (i.e. either a US citizen or US permanent resident) as is required by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)?
- Question #2: Any allergic reaction to paint, dust, or epoxy resin systems?
- Question #3: Are you willing to work all shifts
- Question #4: Willing to work overtime as needed including weekends and holidays
- Task #1: Successfully complete all initial training courses
- Task #2: Proficient at layup of wet and prepreg composite laminates
- Task #3: Mixing and applying resins and bonding pastes
- Task #4: Communicating work flow and needs between shifts in the form of written turnover
- Task #5: Show positive attitude in diverse, high paced demanding environment
- Task #6: Proficient with grinding and trimming composite parts
- Task #7: Ability to maintain a clean, organized workspace