Cabinet Finisher- 2nd shift
PDS TECH INC is currently looking for a Cabinet Finisher on 2nd shift for our client in Long Beach, CA
Boat interior experience a plus. Must be able to build cabinets or furniture and use standard floor woodworking machines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
Under direct supervision, learns and performs the basic skills and functions related to fabrication of aircraft cabinets and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using design and engineering drawings.
Under general supervision, prepares and applies finishes to aircraft furniture using aircraft specifications, designs and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works under general supervision to prepare furniture for finish and disassembly using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
2. Performs high quality repairs to various finished surfaces in the shop and aboard aircraft. Cleans and polishes blemishes as needed to prepare the aircraft for delivery. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
3. Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture.
4. Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior (PTP).
5. Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
1. Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques. Perform other duties as assigned.
1 The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
3. Must be computer literate.
4. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.