THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Mechanical Engineer, Principal / thermal analysis of military electronics, circuit card assemblies CREO - Clearance MA
Job Title: MED / Mechanical Engineer, Principal
Work Site Address: Marlborough, MA 01752
Job Number: 9154213
Max Pay Rate: 80-88HR Max
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 12 Months
Position Type: Contract
Perform conceptual and detailed mechanical design, analysis and documentation of hardware and systems under minimal supervision while collaborating and interfacing with other mechanical engineers, designers, structural / Thermal analysts, engineers from other disciplines as well as with line and program management and customers.
Lead and own the design, documentation, and implementation of mechanical hardware for subsystem design.
• Solve complex technical problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity while applying sound technical judgment.
• Conduct thermal and structural analysis utilizing hand calculations and industry standard tools.
• Conduct and participate in internal and external peer reviews.
• Provide support to testing, subcontractors, and the factory. Provide supervision and leadership to junior engineers.
• Manage to cost and schedule requirements of assigned tasks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• At least 10+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design, analysis, or manufacturing.
• At least 5+ years of experience designing and developing military electronics, including circuit card assemblies.
• At least 5+ years of experience conducting thermal analysis of military electronics, including circuit card assemblies.
• Proficiency with 3D CAD modeling and drawing, (PTC CREO) and experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
• Ability to apply mechanical engineering knowledge to solve complex design problems.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact productively with other team members across various disciplines.
• Excellent communication skills and able to communicate effectively, (written, verbal, and presentation).
• Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting.
Experience in design and development of multi-layer digital and RF Circuit Card Assemblies (conduction and convection cooled).
• Experience in a product data management environment (PTC Windchill).
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807