A Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer supports design, analysis, test and production operations for marine vessels. The ideal candidate should have a passion for manufacturing accompanied with exceptional communication skills, great attitude, be a result oriented team player, and a great problem-solver.
· Coordinate with Design Engineers to ensure the manufacturability and producibility of high quality detail design and manufacturing drawings within schedule requirements.
· Reviews and ensures tool, manufacturing process design, production facility layout and production flow, test and support production of MLS family of products.
· Participate in component design, systems and sub-assemblies new design, product improvements or enhancements, identify production problems and recommend resolution.
· Create tooling model and drawing in Solid Works or CAD system using digital mockup to aid manufacturing in animation, interference analysis, validate for models based assembly and evaluate massive assembly options.
· Perform basic engineering calculations, failure analysis, cost and scheduling estimates and write manufacturing specifications, shop order, and formulate sketches.
· Provide manufacturing producibility support to designers, draftsmen, and engineers for technical data package delivery.
· Must respond positively to changing roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology university or college preferred).
· Three plus years of related manufacturing engineering experience in a shipbuilding or marine industry.
· Must be knowledgeable in 3 or more of the following areas:
o Mechanical component and system manufacturing and analysis.
o Experience in engineering solid model and drawing creation.
o Manufacturing and production support.
· Ability to use digital mockup to set up production planning, tooling design requirement and automated manufacturing processes and shop orders is a plus.
· Ability to interact effectively and efficiently with peers, supervisors, customers and management both externally and internally to the organization.
· Ability to identify problems, resolutions and consider options inclusive of drawings conclusions and recommending the best course of action.
· Demonstrated ability to focus on details and multi-task.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook and Excel.
New Orleans, LA
GLOBAL CONTRACT PROFESSIONALS
P O BOX 161127
FORT WORTH, TX 76161-1127