A Product Engineer has knowledge of design, tooling, and manufacturing processes to take an existing build package and make it more efficient to construct in Manufacturing. This position supports Production by providing on-site assistance and guidance, and timely response to all identified design/production interface problems or issues. Evaluates, recommends, and implements major tooling requirements, facilities planning and improvements, and plant automation.
The expectation is that these individuals will spend a large portion of their time on the production floor working to improve our manufacturing efficiency.
· Improve the manufacturability of the craft by reducing complexity, reducing touch labor hours, reducing materials (# of parts) and improve the manufacturing methods.
· Work closely with the Production, Production Supervision, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control and Engineering groups.
· Obtain documentation to resolve problems due to Engineering documentation being incomplete, incorrect or conflicting.
· Attend Production meetings as Manufacturing Engineering representative.
· Serve as interface between Production and both Manufacturing Engineering and Design Engineering.
· Correct Engineering documentation discrepancies that are in conflict with existing construction and ensure that corrections are transmitted to Engineering for incorporation into documentation.
· Research and evaluate potential design problems prior to construction start and/or during construction. Prepare report of findings and recommendations for Production Department.
· Evaluate long range facilities, machine tool, and special tooling requirements, and report on these findings, and assist in establishing long term Production facilities plans.
· Implement major tooling procurement and installation and facilities improvements.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned by management.
Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering - Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred.
· Five (5) plus years of Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering experience developing plant layout, tooling fixtures and manufacturing processes using DFMA tools.
· Technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach.
· Visual and spatial awareness.
· Computer literacy including three-dimensional conceptual ability and CAD (computer-aided design).
· SolidWorks experience/knowledge is a plus.
· Knowledge of industrial processes, techniques and standards.
· Keep management fully informed of all significant issues which could impact the manufacturing process, during both product design and manufacturing phases.
· Self-starter; able to undertake work initiatives with minimal supervision.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral presentations.
· Demonstrated attention to details and multi-task skills.
· Demonstrated experience with tooling design for fixtures to construct close tolerance aircraft/marine aluminum structures.
· Familiarity with lightweight aircraft/shipboard construction and systems.
· Ability to meet deadlines while “managing” mini projects.
· A willingness to build and maintain positive working relationships and to share information with others
· Determination to achieve an end result and meet deadlines.
New Orleans, LA
GLOBAL CONTRACT PROFESSIONALS
P O BOX 161127
FORT WORTH, TX 76161-1127