Under general direction, develop manufactured Bills-of-Materials by reading, understanding and translating Engineering drawings and other technical specification requirements. Convert resulting product structures into detailed manufactured/purchased requirements in a timely fashion to support customer needs and operational objectives. This includes managing the implementation of engineering changes. Interacts with Operations, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Material Control.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma/GED. Bachelors degree preferred.
Two (2) years experience in requirements planning, purchasing, completions, or modifications scheduling. Basic experience (minimum six (6) months) with spreadsheet and database tools.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Through training and working with other Completions Material Planners, utilize CAD / CATIA data and other source documents, develop accurate and timely manufacturing BOM product structures for planning and control of materials and schedule.
2. Through training and working with other Completions Material Planners, perform all requirements planning functions utilizing formalized MRP II systems and KANBAN. Ensure acceptable levels of inventory and customer service to Operations within operating objectives.
3. Learn, gain an understanding, and establish planning parameters that ensure continuity of supply to Operations consistent with Initial and Completions rates and supplier lead times.
4. Ensure system data integrity which impacts planning and supply chain processes.
5. Effectively interact with Buyers, Analysts, Engineers and Operations personnel to ensure a continuity of supply of material to Operations.