PDS Tech is seeking candidates for an Electrical Engineer position in Oakwood Village, OH
Join the Oakwood Village team! This challenging engineering position requires a hands-on, innovative, and goal-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will join a multi-disciplinary engineering team that will design, test, document, and production support for the electrical/electronic components and systems of analytical instrumentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize knowledge of analog and digital electronics to develop, design, build, and test simple-to-complex electrical components, circuits, and systems in support of the Field and Safety Instrumentation business.
- Use design tools such as Altium, PADS, AutoCAD and Visio to build schematics, PCB designs, and system block diagrams.
- Oversee review of product design for compliance with engineering principles, regulatory requirements, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Lead type testing including: plan/procedure writing, test supervision, vendor interface, and report writing.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure flawless and successful transition of development projects into production.
- Solve technical issues when the need arises, and resolve issues following the ECR/ECN and CAPA processes.
- Be accountable for assigned project work, including product quality, and budget/schedule integrity, while proactively communicating project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Be a technical leader and collaborate as part of a global engineering team.
- Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
- Able to travel as needed to other R&D sites, customers and external development partners.
- Other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
- 5+ years of research & development experience as an Electrical Engineer
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university
- Knowledgeable in technology (e.g., electromechanical devices, instrumentation, embedded systems, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics and manufacturing drawings
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a regulated industry with regulations such as ISO, CE, RoHS, UL, IEC, and NEC that are specific to Electrical Engineering practices.
- Experience designing electronics for analytical instrumentation
- Experienced with embedded CPU’s, micro controllers and firmware design tools.
- Knowledgeable in electronics noise mitigation
- Advanced or additional degree in a related field
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- No non-compete agreements precluding the candidate from fulfilling the position requirements.
- This position may require occasional travel to other R&D, customer, and partner sites worldwide (0 - 10%).
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.