Our client in Mobile, AL is seeking a Tool Shop Attendant
The tool crib stores the tools and small jigs used by production to build products. Storage in a tool crib enables monitoring the use of the equipment and ensures that the tools are kept in good repair. Responsible for two key tool crib functions: inventory and inspection of tools for wear and tear.
Tool Shop Functions:
- Receive, store, and issue hand tools, powered tools, cutting tools, small jigs, materials, and none-flying consumables (including chemicals), maintain records of tools and equipment movement.
- Visually inspection of tools and equipment for defects and wear, reports damage or wear. Coordinate tool Repair and maintenance services.
- Mark and identify tools and equipment, using Laser engraver or identification tag / stamp.
- Support calibration activity under QA guidance.
Operational Procurement Functions:
- Coordinate with local suppliers to validate material order receipt, availability, alternate and due date.
- Create SAP master data and purchase request.
- Coordinate with Strategic Procurement for order priority, expedite activity, PO release and order confirmation.
- Coordinate and support Strategic Procurement for new/alternate supplier identification and/or material quotation.
- Coordinate with Strategic procurement for material consumption, batch order Quantity and order cycle.
Shop Floor Control Functions:
- Perform Aircraft Clip tools clean up using various methods such as Media Blast.
- Perform daily consumable carts kitting activity and station delivery.
- Perform temporary fastener cleaning/kitting activity and station delivery.
- Maintain and advertise daily material ordering status to Production.
- Participate to daily Production meeting.
- Prepare, maintain and perform none flying material periodic inventory, re-order and adjustment based on Mini/Max - First in/First out - Re-order point and inventory turnover. Identify obsolescence, out of date, superseded material for immediate adjustment activity.
- Perform Good receipt and inventory adjustment.
- Propose continuous improvement ideas to develop better processes and tool flows.
- Participate to Audit preparation and Audit process.
- Maintain constant record and data.
- Operate forklift and golf cart to move tools, small jigs and supply items inside the facility.
- Operate other powered equipment such as Scissor Lift/Aerial Lift/Pallet Jack/Safety Restraint system/Tug to support various activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training: Education:
- Required high school diploma or GED
- Five years of experience in logistics or tool management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the inventory management is highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- General knowledge of hand, power tools, cutting tool related to aviation industry
- Knowledge of shop safety (clean as you go/FOD) and OSHA regulations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Able to enter, generate and retrieve information using a computer (SAP and Excel knowledge required)
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on shop floor.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items
- Standing:able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Walking:able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions.