DAR / Engineering Contractor
Applicant shall be a current or prior independent DAR or a current ODA Unit member with TC or PC conformity function codes. Unique Skills: Current qualification as a FAA DAR in good standing with function code 21. In a team oriented environment, performs conformity inspections in support of Type Certification activities. As an ODA Inspection Authorized Representative (IAR) (FAA Designee) work as an integral part of the Organization assuring compliance to regulatory requirements in the performance of all ODA/FAA conformity / certification activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements:1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline