Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors - Goodyear, AZ
STS AeroStaff Services is hiring Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors for open positions in Goodyear, Arizona.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
The Aircraft Inspector completes evaluations of aircraft, engines and components to determine their condition against established standards and performs inspections of work completed by Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMT) to verify compliance with approved data. He/She performs work within budgeted time and within client, FAA, and customers’ standards of quality. The Aircraft Inspector is responsible for the effectiveness of client’s inspection function, ensuring compliance with FAA Regulations and Customer requirements, and meeting customer quality expectations.
• Maintain the daily operation of the Repair Station in compliance with all applicable Code of Federal Regulations, Repair Station Procedures, customer requirements, and manufacturer’s recommendations
• Promote and support all client safety initiatives and programs
• Inspect, evaluate and perform surveillance of work performed by AMT’s
• Inspect aircraft and components by obtaining and interpreting work cards, reviewing inspection requirements’ scope and detail, completing visual inspection of aircraft areas opened by AMT’s including but not limited to fuel tanks, empennage, cargo areas, under floor area, fuselage skin, engines, pylons, wings, flight control surfaces, flight decks, and landing gear
• Ensure that all work is performed using the correct approved data
• Ensure the quality of all completed work meets client and customer expectations
• Perform receiving inspection requirements for new and continued-service parts for serviceability, including but not limited to verifying certification from manufacture or overhaul facility and inspecting for shipping damage
• Conduct weight and balance analysis by using approved maintenance manuals and scales
• Perform NDT inspections if and as authorized on the client’s Management, Supervisory and Inspection Roster
• Ensure completion of logbook entries and “Return to Service” for work completed by the Repair Station
• Ensure proper completion of all client and customer work documents used by the Repair Station
• Comply with all client and customer training requirements
• Promote and assist with On The Job training for newly hired inspection personnel
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to maintenance personnel
• Exposure to the hangar areas while performing inspections
• Exposure to outdoor areas during hot and cold temperature extremes while performing inspections
• 3+ years’ experience performing as an accomplished aircraft inspector on transport category aircraft
• Capable of interpreting drawings and blueprints to accomplish a specific task
• Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills and be able to interact with a wide variety of people
• Some computer skills (knowledge of MS Office programs such as Word, Excel) are preferred
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• Must possess a current Mechanics certificate with Airframe & Power plant ratings
• Near-vision acuity – natural or corrected near-vision acuity in at least one eye, corrected or uncorrected, but be such that the applicant can read a Snellan equivalent of 20/25 (Jaeger number 2) letters at not less than 12 inches [30.5cm] on a standard Jaeger test chart
• This test will be administered annually
• Distance-vision acuity – natural or corrected distance-vision acuity in at least one eye, either corrected or uncorrected, must be better than Snellan equivalent 20/30 (Jaeger number 4 letters at not less than 18.0 inches [45.7cm] on a standard Jaeger test chart) This test will be administered manually
• Color contrast differentiation – capable of distinguishing and differentiating contrast among colors or shades of gray used in the method as determined by the employer
• This test will be conducted upon initial certification and at three year intervals thereafter
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to wear and breathe through a full-face respirator
• May be exposed to hazardous chemicals that require the use of safety equipment
• Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time, and climb ladders, stands, and operate man-lifts
• Must be comfortable with heights and confined spaces
• Normal or Corrected Hearing
• Visual acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected
• Must be able to access all areas of the aircrafts
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
STS AEROSTAFF SERVICES
STS AeroStaff Services
2000 NE JENSEN BEACH BLVD
JENSEN BEACH, FL 34957