PDS Tech is seeking candidates for Scientist II role in Carlsbad, CA
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a creative and motivated Scientist II to join our rapidly growing genome engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for developing new products and will work closely with cross-functional teams including Bioinformatics, Marketing, Technical Service and/or Operations.
What will you do?
Successful candidates will have a strong cell biology experience with a background in genome editing applications including hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture, handling large cloning projects, and functional protein activity screens. The candidate will work independently in a fast-paced environment with very supportive teammates.
- Work with the team to design experimental plans, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and writes technical reports, quantitative analyses, and product summaries
- Troubleshoots and solves difficult problems in the design/execution of development projects
- Investigates, creates, and incorporates new methods and technologies to improve the effectiveness of development workflows
- Maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Client required standards
- Presents data at scientific conferences (external and internal)
- Interacts closely with other internal departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Quality, Operations and/or Technical Services)
- Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations
How will you get here?
A Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or a related discipline and 1-2 plus years of lab experience is required. Alternately, a Bachelor’s degree with 3 plus years of experience is acceptable. Protein characterization experience is preferred. Prior industrial experience is desirable.
- Strong mammalian cell culture experience in multiple cell lines, including primary T cells
- Cell transfection experience
- Cloning experience (standard cloning, PCR, mutagenesis, sequencing)
- Experience with genome editing (CRISPR, etc)
- Experience with in vitro transcription, working with mRNA
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Have a positive attitude, with the ability to learn new techniques quickly
- Demonstrated ability to generate reliable and repeatable data
- Perform standard laboratory math calculations and solutions/media preparation
- Maintain a detailed lab notebook and present your findings in a group setting
- Proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies