|PDS is seeking a Design Support and Training - Instructor - Tech Spec II for an open position in Savannah, GA|
In your role, you will:
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of the Client's products and services
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
CATIA v5 experienced with 5000+ hours. All Level 1 tools CATIA v5 (Part Design, Assembly, Drafting). Level 2 tools CATIA v5 Generative Surfacing, Free Style Shaping, Generative Sheetmetal, Generative Stress Analysis. Other tools: CATIA v5 Composites, Electrical EHI, Capitol Harness, Tubing experience a plus. Quantitative experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances a plus. Experience working within PDM systems such as Enovia, SmarTeam or NX/Teamcenter. Formal Classroom instruction experience required for CATIA and PDM.