Job Title: Vehicle Technician – Dealer Support Center
Location: Portland, OR. 97217
Duration: 6+ months
• Technician needs to create knowledge articles and diagnostic troubleshooting information that dealers can locate. This will allow the dealers access to this information before having to call into the call center.
• Ideal candidate needs to have some troubleshooting ability and diagnostics. They should be able to read schematics and be able to translate that knowledge into knowledge articles for the dealer network. They may need to do some call center work to get a flavor for what technicians require (as a part of training), but they’ll be doing more of the project of creating knowledge.
• They’re going to be doing research into the calls been received. They need to research solutions to those calls, write, and distribute the knowledge articles and make them easily accessible for the network. They will be creating the knowledge articles in our document editor that is similar to Word.
• The team they will be working with is about 4 others for technical support. They’ll also work closely with the 2 supervisors and the group leads.
Soft Skills Needed:
• Good communicator. Good at writing and communicating technical information in a way that technicians can understand. Quality of work is going to be important.
• Trainings will be provided for couple of weeks on how vehicles work, web based training related to the system and reporting.
• Knowledge of web design would be a bonus.
• 2-4 years of similar experience.
• An engineering degree or a mechanic type technician experience would be highly valuable.
• Diagnostics and troubleshooting skills 1-2 years (either in car or truck industry.
• General computer skills are important. Can they create excel spreadsheets, PowerPoints, etc. Running reports.
• Good skills with people, being able to communicate and work with people
• Troubleshooting, Electrical Knowledgebase assistance and development for the CAC Technical support.
OLSA RESOURCES INC
3836 N BALLAST ST
PORTLAND, OR 97217