Electrical Design Engineer: Position involves work on aircraft interior design integration of electrical systems and components, and new avionic system installations. Experience with complete Interior cabin layouts and configuration is essential. Candidate should be familiar with electrical systems such as, Switching Systems, Entertainment Systems, Galley Equipment, Monitors, Power Distribution, and Phone Systems. Candidate should have an understanding of wireless systems, to include Iridium, Inmarsat, and 802.11. Basic aircraft systems such as Cockpit Charts, TCAS, EGPWS, ELT, Cockpit Alerting, and FMS knowledge required. Generation and review of Electrical Load Analysis for production and modified aircraft as it applies to the aircraft outfitting and system integration. Creation of electrical design specifications, plans, and reports for new equipment required. Must work with little supervision and be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach. The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues • Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities • Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules. • Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results • Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations to management to determine appropriate direction • Proficient in AutoCad, and Office Products such as Word and Excel • Familiarity with electrical drawing application to Supplemental Type Certificates and certification aspects of the data • 3D data authoring not required, but any familiarity or exposure is a plus EWIS Knowledge/Experience a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required. 10 yrs. in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs. broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs. for Masters and 4 yrs. for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.