• Provide comprehensive mechanical or electrical design support for projects related to pipeline facilities (measurement and regulation stations, compressor stations, LNG plants, pipelines, etc.).
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyzes project scope and engineering design criteria of assigned electrical or mechanical design projects to determine design manpower requirements, engineering criteria, etc.
• Selects materials and prepares material lists based on standards, specifications, operation requirements and engineers’ direction
• Prepares detailed functional and physical design drawings of electrical or mechanical equipment and related facilities in accordance with accepted design practices and standards
• Assembles and reviews project drawings for accuracy, completeness, content and compliance with accepted drawing standards and format
• Revises drawings in accordance with checking feedback and other requirements
• Provides assignments, guidance and instruction to less experienced designers as required
• Participates in design conferences and makes field trips concerning projects
• Reports status of designs to project manager and makes recommendations relative to manpower requirements
• Participates in task forces, conference and training sessions to streamline or re-engineer internal/external processes as required
• Performs any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned
• An associate’s degree in engineering or a related field, a technical degree, or equivalent work experience (typically six years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a degree.)
• Three to four years of related experience in gas pipeline engineering, operations or construction
• A strong analytical ability, good interpersonal and human relation skills
• Good judgment in problem solving and decision-making
• Thorough understanding of related drafting tools, procedures and techniques
• Ability to provide work direction to assigned personnel
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and discipline-related applications
• Knowledge in engineering and operations related, codes, standards and procedures, i.e. (DOT, FERC, OSHA, NNG, etc.)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent PC skills, including familiarity with Windows environment and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work with changing priorities and exacting deadlines
• Ability to make periodic field trips as required
• In-depth working knowledge of gas pipeline industry and NNG systems preferred
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
• Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
719 N 3RD ST STE 102
TACOMA, WA 98403