** Must either have a current Secret clearance or have had a Secret clearance in the last two years. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level **
** U.S. Citizens per client **
** Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information.
1. Assist reliability and system safety engineers with ensuring technical excellence of group's products. This includes adequacy of the tools, techniques, and processes.
2. Develop reliability and safety models for various systems and communicate results to company engineers and managers.
3. Complete failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis and hazard analysis.
4. Evaluate engineering designs and operational plans to identify potential hazards and evaluate the adequacy of planned controls and verifications.
5. Provide design input to improve product reliability when necessary - Interacting with a wide variety of individuals and teams to communicate results
6. Design reliability test plans to qualify new product and processes, evaluate testing failures and ensure consistent adherence to high quality standards by application of reliability techniques.
7. Perform Probabilistic Risk Assessments.
8. Build a strong working relationship with the other employees to ensure that the group's capabilities are fully utilized and that the group's results are meeting customer needs.
9. Embrace a continuous improvement mindset.
10. Demonstrate a 100% commitment to quality in actions, decisions, and conversations.
* Ability to perform FMEA is required
* Ability to perform statistical analysis is preferred
* Product reliability testing and modeling capability is preferred
* Proven competency in root cause analysis preferred
* Familiarization with spacecraft and/or launch vehicle systems is preferred
* Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight is preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
* Strong work ethic and drive to succeed are required
* Understanding and experience with electrical hardware is required. Experience with mechanical hardware is also required.
BS Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in the space industry related to the job description listed above. Equivalent qualifications, such as 10+ years of directly applicable work experience will be considered.
Canoga Park, CA
APOLLO PROFESSIONAL SOLUTIONS
7310 RITCHIE HWY STE 400
GLEN BURNIE, MD 21061-3092