To be successful in this role, you will need to have 3 to 5 years of fabrication experience, including welding and tooling, plus clerical or business systems experience. Assist in designing, developing and implementing weld procedures, equipment, tools, gauges, jigs, and fixtures required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility and performance requirements. May use CATIA and/or additional platforms to design and control tools and tooling.
Under direction of weld engineering staff, the technician will support manufacturing engineering and manufacturing in evaluating, developing, planning, coordinating, directing and improving weld processes. Facilitates all tool fabrication activities from design to fabrication, including make or buy. Supports Manufacturing Engineering during tool selection, including during quoting process.
· Executes weld certifications, qualifications and testing in support of manufacture.
· Maintain and control weld documents including, but not limited to, qualification reports, welder’s certifications, machine certifications and calibrations.
· Track weld quality and history and maintain quality improvement efforts.
· Participates in quotation proposals by supporting manufacturing concepts in conjunction with interested company members to establish efficient and cost effective fabrication tooling that will make the products, in accordance with prescribed engineering, quality and customer requirements.
· Execute weld tooling fabrication from conception to implementation.
· Conducts Design of Experiment studies under the guidance of the weld engineering stuff.
· Researches, investigates and make recommendations with regards to tool and related equipment suppliers.
· Conducts cost analysis on tooling per project or program and conducts other special investigations as required.
· Conducts and participates in Lean Manufacturing activities, including 6S and Kaizen events.
This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
· Associate’s Degree from a two-year college or university, or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in GTAW and/or RSW welding.
· Experience in designing, developments and building tools.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
· Plan daily activities to ensure multiple projects or requirements are met.
· Proficient in MS Word and Excel
· Basic knowledge on electrical principles.