Job title: Engineer Hardware
Job Number: 158810/17001313/1569
Location: Patuxent River, MD
Compensation: 75/hr max
Assignment Length: 12 month contract
Security Clearance: Interim required to start
• Instrumentation and Data Systems engineer responsible for the development, design and maintenance of complex instrumentation and data system solutions for laboratory, ground and flight test activities on the various flight test programs.
• Maintain Flight Test Instrumentation system configurations and coordinate test activity, maintenance and communicate instrumentation issues and status across teams.
• Support planning and flight test readiness reviews; flight test planning working groups and coordination meetings; pre and post test briefings.
• Define data system configurations, sensor selection, installation, checkout requirements and operational procedures.
• Define air vehicle interface, integration and logistic requirements.
• Knowledge of telemetry, onboard recording, Data Acquisition Systems (Teletronics and Acra) and ground stations.
• Provide test crews, manufacturing and/or suppliers the guidance and direction required for operation, fabrication, modifications, assembly and checkout of Instrumentation systems and associated equipment.
• Experience in computer operating systems and application software (AutoCAD), as well as database development for measure and test data.
• Prepare system specifications, Request for Quotes (RFQ’s) and Statement of Work (SOW’s) that satisfy test and system requirements. Support test activities, anomaly resolution and process improvement initiatives.
• Must have strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Multiple shift work may be required.
• Travel required to multiple NGC and customer facilities.
• BS degree in Science Technology Engineering or Math (STEM) plus 14 to 19 years related experience.
• Must be eligible to get a Secret Security clearance. Interim Clearance required to start.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 14+ years of aircraft instrumentation experience is preferred.
• Exp with Instrumentation systems to include Teletronics (TTC / Teletronics Technology Company) or Acra.
Patuxent River, MD
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807