Under the supervision of the Shop Manager, this position operates and maintains cutting laser for steel fabrication. This position may also perform other production activities, including but not limited to supporting the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, and fabrication, as well as cleaning and maintaining equipment and the shop floor. This position may also be required to perform the functions of the Machine Shop helper as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate CNC laser cutting machine and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators
- Select and setup lenses based on material type/thickness, load programs, set machine parameters and proper fixtures to ensure optimal performance of the equipment
- Establish proper stop location, adjust laser beam focal point
- Create and edit laser cut files from drawings in various formats; prepare, layout, and array parts from the cut files in the laser software for optimal cutting speeds/yield
- Manage and maintain files to ensure matching revision levels at all times
- Provide great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines/equipment as needed
- Perform all dimensional inspections
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable concerns
- Perform typical machine shop operations to support production and fabrication
- MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH BASIC MACHINE FUNCTIONS TO PERFORM TASKS : 1 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED AND LISTED ON RESUME
- Must be willing to accept and receive supervision and assistance with re to machine setup
- Must be able to operate with minimal supervision once trained by following work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Wear proper safety equipment and comply with company safety rules at all times
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat, tidy
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.