Velocity represents an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization that provides development services to aircraft modifiers and OEM�s. They are a small but rapidly growing company in Seattle, WA that was founded in 2001. Their core team is comprised of very talented and experienced aerospace engineers, technicians, mechanics, and specialist consultants. They strive to create a high functioning, collaborative environment where team members can find opportunities for professional growth and innovation.
The strategic purpose of the Test and Evaluation (T&E) Support Unit is to provide comprehensive, full-service aerospace flight-testing and evaluation services. The Test and Evaluation Support Unit provides four areas of expertise: Test Planning, Instrumentation, Ground Operations and Flight Operations. This position is responsible for maintenance support of all flight operations.
The individuals in this role will work with engineers to design and install instrumentation to support the collection of flight test data. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented, and knowledgeable on instrumentation theory.
The ideal candidate will possess aircraft certification experience with a specialty in electrical systems and 5 years of relevant work experience related to avionics systems integration and certification.
Responsibilities of the Aerospace Avionics Engineers
● Coordinate system test and certification requirements.
● Support flight test and ground test activities.
● Analyze test data and evaluate system operation.
● Prepare test reports.
● Domestic and occasional international travel is required.
Requirements of the Aerospace Avionics Engineers
● Experience in Navigation (VOR, DME), FMS, TCAS, TAWS, Communications (VHF etc), ADS (Air Data System), EICAS, Autopilot, AFCS
● 5+ years relevant work experience related to avionics systems integration and certification.
● Experience with FAA Part 25 or Part 23 certification, flight and ground test planning and test conduct, and test data analysis.
● Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of work experience. Focus in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related Science.
VELOCITY CONSULTING SOLUTIONS
950 N 72ND ST STE 100
SEATTLE, WA 98103