PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer, in Clearwater, FL
- Primary job responsibility is to support Receiving Inspection and Production Operations with engineering guidance related to inspection, product compliance, specification interpretation, and defect disposition.
- This is accomplished by providing hands-on support on products encompassing a wide range of electro-mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Additional SQE activities include a review of program contractual and drawing requirements and flow down of requirements on purchase orders and providing support to Procurement for supplier quality activities on commodity and/or subcontract procurements.
- Also responsible for basic quality services including: supplier evaluation, verification of special processes, part acceptance planning, defect analysis, timely root cause, and corrective action implementation for affected products. Implements preventive actions to reduce defects analyzes the effectiveness of supplier root cause and corrective actions to eliminate repeat escapes.
- Makes recommendations on potential supplier usage based on cost, an inspection of facilities, risk assessments, and historical performance.
- Successful candidates will also need to provide reporting on hardware and supply chain quality metrics utilized to manage SQA and supplier performance.
- Some travel may also be required.
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent from an accredited college in Engineering or related technical discipline
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions, set priorities, and provide direction in a dynamic business environment
• Experience developing and maintaining positive working relationships with suppliers, internal and external customers
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and industry specifications
• Working knowledge of problem-solving/root cause analysis (RCCA) and process management
• Experience multi-tasking while working on challenging projects from start to finish
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Knowledge of Supplier Quality and/or Quality Engineering
• Manufacturing processes, materials, and/or component engineering experience
• Experience with AS9100, ISO9001:2000, and first article inspections
• Casual Analysis experience
• Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Ability to learn new systems (procurement, manufacturing execution, etc.) quickly.