- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- This position is targeted at New Product Development. An Engineer on this team will be responsible for a variety of tasks developing and certifying designs within these disciplines.]
- Design experience at an aircraft OEM is required.
- Catia V5 experience is required.
Preference given to candidates with experience in these areas:
Doors & Mechanisms:
- Main entry, emergency exit, landing gear, service, and access door
- Drive mechanisms, metallic and composite structure, seals
- Ingress / egress, placarding
- Hydraulic actuators and dampers
Crew & Equipment:
- Electrical equipment installations
- Flight deck layout & equipment
- Cabin insulation
- Component qualification
- Closeout panels and composites
- Electrical bonding
- Secondary structure including racks, trays, shelves, and bracketry
Additional experience preferred:
- Supplier design and qualification
- New aircraft program certification
- Real world (hands on) aircraft familiarity
- Catia V5 with Smarteam
- RTCA DO-160