PDS Tech is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven candidate qualified for the position of Design Engineer to help design and build market leading Hardware Platform Solutions.
As a Subject Matter Expert and a member of the design and development group, the successful candidate will be responsible for engineering assignments related to hardware products as well as systems including development of new products, updates to existing products or sustaining current products.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to execute design development and provide engineering/technical analysis of designs
- Solutions non-routine design and development requirements
- Actively participates in design reviews and offers technical advice
- Participates in project planning and scheduling.
- Form collaborations with ecosystem partners, drive new products and features.
- Support internal product development, qualification and testing efforts.
- participate in vendor selection, management and procurement strategy.
- Understanding feature requirements and participating and/or leading technical reviews of new platform requirements documents, designs and test plans.
- Tasks include performance feasibility analysis, developing hardware architecture, writing hardware design documents, and preparing schematics.
- Must be able to carry design through concept and architectural reviews to final qualification
Skills Experience Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience in Networking Hardware Product Development
- Self-motivated with a strong multidisciplinary background
- Knowledge of 1,10,100 and 400 Gigabit Ethernet MAC, NPU switch and PHY.
- Experience with high speed interfaces and PCB layout
- Knowledge in Optical components, Power Supply Design, Analog circuit design, Digital circuit design, and Microprocessor implementation.
- Technically proficient with PSPICE, CAD tools and Microsoft based programs. Additional experience includes magnetic, EMI thermal design and high speed signal design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s is preferred
Educational Requirements may vary by Geography
Occasional overnight travel is required