Senior or Principal Power Supply Engineer
Individual with demonstrated record and proficiency in leading a power electronic design and development effort from concept through qualification and production.
Need to be familiar with design, development and manufacture of power converters and inverters.
- 5+ years’ DC-DC converter, AC-DC PFC, DC-AC inverter, and Transformer practical design experience for Military and Aerospace applications
- Design for manufacturability
- Effective test procedures
• Switch mode power supply design utilizing various electrical topologies
• Analog and Digital Circuit Design
• Magnetics Design
• Stress Analysis
• Reliability Calculations
• Parts Engineering
• Sustaining Engineering
• Test Procedures Documentation
• Production Planning and optimization
• Continuous Improvement Activities in Manufacturing
Here are the key points that the test is intended to identify in candidate’s experience:
We are growing and looking for more engineers to build a team, however this position is specific to our product and our field. The main challenge is the test, they have to be able to pass the test. It covers what issues they will come across with our products and how to deal with it. It’s about 30 pages of data sheet and only 5 questions. It’s a lot of mathematical problems and solving skills and understanding analogies and magnetics. Since we build all the transformers in house, they have to understand the magnetics, then that will flow into the power supplies. This position is very specificity to our filed and our line of products. We are also a small company, so most of the Engineer that come in are from a big company that just do reports or just manage their teams. I need someone with the skill set that will roll their sleeves up and solve the problem. We receive RFQ from our customer that they want modification on our products, different voltage, or extra connectors. So I need a power design engineer that can make these changes and flow it through production.