- Bachelor’s degree in engineering – Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial fields are preferred, but other fields may also be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a highly automated production or distribution environment.
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting (Allen-Bradley).
- Experience in an engineering role related to system support or maintenance.
- Strong computer skills, especially related to design and data analysis.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills. Ability to interact with team members at all levels in a professional manner, advocate for change, and seek resolution to issues that arise.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, controls, and software issues related to complex automated systems.
- Proficiency in interpreting electrical and mechanical plans and drawings.
- Previous experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Manual dexterity and the ability to stand, lift, carry, and climb frequently or for extended periods. Willingness to be physically involved with support activities.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally travel to assist with projects at other sites as business needs require.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 or more years of experience in supporting or designing automated systems.
- Demonstrated ability in a computer programming language and data base management system (DBMS).
- Demonstrated ability with SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, structured problem-solving or continuous improvement methodologies (FMEA, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.).