THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Electronics Design and Analysis Engr 5- PCB Designer in El Segundo, CA
Electronics Design and Analysis Engr 5- PCB Designer
Location: El Segundo, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
Mentor Expedition Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designer
The PCB Designer will create printed circuit board layouts from inputs received from engineering (electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, and test).
Job duties will include but are not limited to the following: Place and route components ensuring that all electrical and physical attributes meet the specific design requirements for each PCB design.
Ensure that all requirements for manufacturing and assembly are met.
Rework PCB designs when engineering design changes occur and assist the design team with ideas to resolve issues.
Make schematic updates based upon changes from electrical engineers.
• 5+ years of experience using Mentor Graphics Xpedition, Designer VX2.3 (schematic capture) and Layout VX2.3 (board layout), software to route complex multi-layer printed circuit board designs.
• Associates Degree or certificate in Graphics Technology or Engineering Technology is desired.
Must be proficient with:
• Verifying design using Design Rule Check.
• Using Padstacks, Cell (footprint) and Part (PDB) definitions, and building intelligence into components.
• Utilizing Constraint Manager to define substrate and routing constraints.
• Establishing rule areas that define specific route rules for different portions of the board.
• Routing using both manual/interactive and automatic tools.
• Working with different via structures.
• Generating plane data.
Skill Code: 624-Electronic Packaging Design
El Segundo, CA
850 STEPHENSON HWY STE 612
TROY, MI 48083