RS Acft Compo Repair Tech I
Under close supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Repair Station requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and apply basic skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
2. Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, On The Job Training (OJT), and other authorized maintenance data. All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
3. Set up and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
4. Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
5. Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA Repair Station requirements.
6. Maintain a clean and orderly work area including test equipment and peripherals.
7. Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Must be able to work in a team environment.
FAA/ Special Missions - Hydraulic Overhaul, Sheetmetal Fabrication, Electrical Theory and wiring highly preferred.