PDS Tech is seeking an Cabinetmaker II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under general supervision, fabricates aircraft furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using aircraft specifications, design and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Works under general supervision to fabricate furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings. 2. Assembles, pins and glues cabinet shells. Installs drawer-slides, hinges, latches and other hardware in subassemblies. Applies exterior surface materials such as laminates, veneers, and cap strips. 3. Uses various types of stationary and hand-held power tools to fabricate or disassemble furniture. 4. Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior. 5. Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
Additional Functions: 1. Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques. 2. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Basic knowledge of cabinetmaking processes, products and tools.
- Two (2) years experience in cabinetmaking.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of inspection and process specifications preferred.
1. The ability to read write, speak, and understand the English language. 2. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift. 3. Must be computer literate.
Computer skills and aircraft cabinetry.