THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Certified Interconnect Designer (CID) - Electrical Designer / CAD Drafter
The Electrical Designer/CAD Drafter position will have emphasis on Aerospace Electronics Circuits.
Activities will include:
• conceptual layout,
• detailed design, and
• engineering documentation of complex multi-layer analog, digital, mixed signal, RF, high speed, and high-power PCB layout designs.
• Interfacing with other engineering groups to insure design requirements are fulfilled.
The selected candidate will work as a member of the Electronic Systems Center, and will be part of design, development and momentum support on aerospace electronic solutions.
The position may involve direct interface with customers (internal and external) and suppliers in support of developing an understanding of the electrical design constraints. The position will work with cross functional teams to resolve issues. In addition, some travel to customer and supplier facilities may be required.
Responsibilities may include:
• Interpreting electrical design requirements and creating original board layouts, detailed drawings, schematics, and illustrations
• Providing for compliance with items such as specifications, tolerances and safety factors when performing highly specialized electrical designs
• Performing specialized electrical design computations and analysis
• Preparing diagrams and PCB design schedule estimations.
• Coordinating electrical design work with Electrical Design Engineers
• Collecting background information and helping write specifications and electrical design practices
• New product development from concept through production
• Processing documents through document change system
• IPC Certified Interconnect Designer (CID), as a minimum.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with Cadence v16.6 – v17.2 Concept HDL schematic capture and Allegro PCB layout tool sets.
• Thorough knowledge of IPC standards regarding PCB design, fabrication and assembly.
• Thorough knowledge of Cadence Library manager.
• Thorough knowledge of implementing design constraints and the use of constraints within Cadence Concept HDL schematic capture and Allegro PCB layout tool set.
• Full understanding of the data structure of a typical database (design) within Cadence Concept HDL schematic capture and Allegro PCB layout tool set.
• Experienced in implementing manufacturer’s data as well as PCB and CCA suppliers DFM recommended suggestions.
• Full understanding of PCB, FAB and CCA manufacturing processes.
• Applicant should be highly motivated, with demonstrated leadership and communication skills and pays close attention to detail.
• Must be a US Citizen or US person.
• IPC Advanced Certified Interconnect Designer (CID+).
• Experience with Siemens Teamcenter PLM Software.
• Knowledge of GD&T ASME Y14.5.
• A background working on avionics design related experience
• Knowledge of and the use of Hierarchal schematic blocks
• Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner-Expedition Enterprise flow
• Experience with Microsoft Visio
PDS TECHNICAL SERVICES
50 FOUNDERS PLAZA STE 304
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108