Responsible for planning, programming and documenting for VMC’s, HMC’s and CNC Lathes using Virtual Gibbs Software. Responsible for all jobs before, during and after operation on machine shop floor (welding). 1+ years machining experience (Welding).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
What would you say are the major responsibilities of this job? What percentage of time is spent on each?
- Assist Planner to determine production requirements, release orders, and reschedule orders as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Perform functions associated with the generation and maintenance of production plan and master production schedule.
- Reconcile production/material conflicts.
- Analyze component availability to maintain production schedule and manage WIP inventory consistent with company goals.
- Facilitate operations and material status meetings.
- Evaluate and coordinate engineering change orders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Engineering BOM reading skills preferred
- Strong organization skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with internal customers/suppliers.
- Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Office software suites.
- Meeting management skills a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP applications; Visual preferred
- BA/BS degree in business administration, operations management, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years machining experience.
Management Experience (for people manager job only):
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This section is required for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
Work Hours :
Physical Demands :
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull and grasp.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to move arms, hands and fingers.
- Required to have visual acuity to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to Talk on phone and use computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
- Subject to noise levels.
- May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computer etc.
- Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).