PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer Sr. 2, in Cedar Rapids, IA.
For immediate consideration, please forward resumes to Heather Walsh at email@example.com
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer in this organization, you will be involved in the innovative design and development of our next generation of Test and Training Instrumentation products. Examples of these range from secure, sophisticated software-defined radios to embedded avionics for managing mission data that can enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
Technical responsibilities for this Software Engineering position may include involvement in requirements definition, collaboration on software design, implementing software, unit test and software\hardware integration based on defined requirements and detailed design. This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Looking for candidates that have a passion and interest for software development in the following areas:
- Experience with multi-threaded embedded application software development and integration
- Experience with C++ object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with standard software development practices and configuration management tools
- IP networking and networking protocol experience is desirable.
- Software development and integration role on complex multi-threaded embedded C\C++ product software code base
- Experience with Green Hills Systems RTOS desire
- Candidates are required to have excellent communication skills to convey technical issues and status in both written and oral form.
- The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Applied experience with standard software development practices and willingness to adapt them to Collins Aerospace software development processes is desirable.
- Experience or familiarity with radio communications systems and design patterns is also desired.
- Applicants must be capable to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.