PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Senior Payroll Analyst for a position in Herndon, VA
Seeking a key contributor with an in -depth understanding of US payroll, multi-state payroll compliance and knowledge, and strong customer service skills. You will ensure the ADP Vantage payroll module is configured and adequately tested during optimizations, upgrades, etc.
As the Senior Payroll Analyst, you will review, verify, prepare and audit payroll for transmission. As a Payroll SME, you will be responsible for ensuring payroll is accurate, on time and in compliance with FLSA and all state employment and tax regulations. In this role, you will play a significant role in key projects as related to the payroll function and compliance to bring value to the company through streamlining processes, automation, etc.
- Processing non-exempt payroll for US employees
- Review, audit and balancing of all time card and payroll-related input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits, compliant with federal & state regulations
- Assist in developing new, simplified and streamlined payroll processes; and recommend and implement approved long and short-term solutions for best practices.
- Provide subject matter expertise to coordinate projects, research and analysis activities into causes of pay cycle error events.
- Recommend remediation plans to address deficiencies where appropriate.
- Participate in coordination of system changes and required user acceptance testing activities to bring about desired results including the development of testing methodology, test scripts, validation processes, and final user sign-off criteria.
- Respond to employees on all payroll-related inquiries in a timely manner to provide excellent customer service
- Create and update payroll procedures and run ad hoc reports as necessary
- Create training modern and best practice training materials for employee population
- Deliver training on payroll and time cards to employee and manager base (virtual and in-person)
- Solid experience in administering time and labor systems/processes and a strong understanding of FLSA
- Experience with ADP Vantage. (Knowledge of other ADP software a plus)
- 8+ years payroll experience in mid-to-large technology or manufacturing multi-state company
- Experience executing payroll automation projects
- Exceptional work ethic with a high degree of confidentiality; along with commitment to high data integrity and data privacy practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to define problems, collect data to establish facts, draw valid conclusion and report on findings for resolution
- Ability to quickly absorb product knowledge, process information, and apply appropriately to meet our customer needs.
- Strive to understand the payroll system to improve payroll practices
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, ability to lead meetings
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in PC skills including Word, Outlook and/or GSuite; ability to perform pivots, Vlookups and other functions within Excel
- Travel may be required (up to 15%)
Additional skills that would be great to have but not required:
- FPC or CPP & APA or CPA affiliation a plus
- Experience with processing payroll union employees
- Familiarity with collaboration platforms such as Zoom and/or WebEx
- Candidate must be comfortable working for extended periods of time using computers