The Supplier Development Engineer is an engineering and supplier facing position responsible for driving operational excellence with strategic partners in alignment with corporate objectives.
The position is intended to identify, assess, and scale new and existing supply chain partners. As well as, collaborate with strategic partners to develop, track, and improve operational efficiencies, yield and quality.
- Evaluate and qualify suppliers based on key supplier selection criteria. (Product Realization, Supplier Performance, Cost Targets)
- Monitors, delivery and quality performance, trends and corrective actions.
- Establish, track, and trend key supplier performance metrics.
- Use data analytics to make recommendations on actions.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize, and drive supplier improvement projects.
- Review, approve, and release engineering change orders to suppliers.
- Develop and execute qualification plans with engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Initiate and train supplier in the PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) as required.
- Understand and represent supplier capabilities to engineering teams during program design changes / development.
- Provide input and update internal supplier selection and qualification processes.
- Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience of related experience.
- American Society for Quality certification desired. Lean training desired.
- Six-Sigma certification highly desired and must be open to certification post hire.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Comprehensive knowledge of PPAP, APQP, SPC, PMP, GMPs.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry or similar products.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Special Processes (welding, non-destructive testing, heat treat)
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical data, quality policies and recommend changes to procedures.
Benefits we are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule with every other Friday off
- Company-paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- On-site Cafeteria
- Direct Deposit
Education and Experience
- Requires High School graduate/equivalency.
- Requires 7+ years related administrative experience in a manufacturing environment, aerospace preferred.