PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Quality Source Engineer position.
This position can be located in Santa Clara, CA, Minneapolis-St Paul, MN or Springfield, MO.
How will you make an impact?
Join us as we expand our business and quality department, which is focused on revolutionizing the way things are done in our industry. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our products, now and well into the future. Join us in creating amazing and functional experiences.
What will you do?
- Work in the field, as a Quality Source Inspector, under minimal or no supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Perform electrical and mechanical inspection to ensure the quality of the product that includes but not limited to stainless-steel vessels, hardware, electrical box, and controllers at the Fabricator site
- Operate various inspection tools and equipment to verify surface finish, welds, electrical connections and dimensions.
- Assist or lead the Factory Acceptance Testing preparations for Engineers and Customers.
- Checks supplier's work and progress to ensure conformance to specifications
- Plans, perform and report the outcome of the evaluation with internal teams and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports, logs, summarizes the observed nonconformances, and track defect trends
- Collaborate with vendors to improve product quality
- Perform activities in a safe and healthy manner and works following established Company and/or supplier environmental health and safety requirements.
- Review drawings for accuracy and completeness
- Effectively communicate deviations and inaccuracies with the team and record the findings
- Perform electrical functional test, verify firmware revision, parameters and update the firmware as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent required + relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent a plus
- Experience working in a bioproduction manufacturing environment desired
- Experience in supplier/fabricator field source inspection a plus
- Experience or Familiarity with inspection procedures and activities
- Familiarity working with ERP systems, Document Control systems
- Experience working with stainless steel production
- Understanding stainless steel containers for the manufacturing of Pharmaceutical/Food/Cosmetic Grade Fabrication (weld, finishes, etc.) desired
- Use of Tape Measure, Profilometer, Optical Tachometer, and a variety of hand tools
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to interpret quality specifications, geometrical tolerancing, and drawing requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate for win-win with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical assembly drawings a must
- Attention to detail for documentation completion
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in all written and verbal contexts
- Demonstrated ability to effectively leverage Microsoft office suite and tablet devices
- Understand and know how to use proper PPE in a Manufacturing environment
- Technical or Engineering background preferred