A minimum of 8 years of job related experience required including a minimum of five years VoIP coupled with five years Network Architecture/Design inclusive of routing, switching load balancing, firewalls, and virtual private networking (VPN) experience is required.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of VoIP applications and systems to include an expert level understanding of Cisco VoIP Technologies and platforms; namely Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Unity and general understanding of IVR functionality.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of layers 1-7 of the OSI model, including an expert level understanding of VOIP and networking technologies and platforms.
- An in-depth knowledge of network security, wireless devices, routing principles and network architecture as these technologies apply to Voice over IP (VoIP).
- General knowledge of networking components inclusive of applications layer firewall, firewalls, load balancing, routers, switches and virtual private networking (VPN).
- A general understanding of voice, video, and data (VVD), including the functionality of protocols supporting VVD.
- Advanced working knowledge of information systems concepts/design/development, systems development life cycle, recovery techniques, performance monitoring and tuning. Advanced decision-making, analytical, and problem solving, conceptual and data analysis skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lead and supervise the work of others and maintain professional relationships with the vendor community.
- Advanced reading and writing skills.
Certifications in CCNA-Voice, JNCIA, JNCIS, and/or JNCIP, Cisco and Juniper certifications with hands-on or Network Operation Center experience is preferred.
Directs or leads the work of others as needed and/or acts as team lead on projects.
Office based with travel up to 40% of the time by land and air is required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, and out-of-door environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, working in confined spaces, fumes, airborne participles, and exposure to the risk of electrical shock. Subject to all temperatures, weather, and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance, perceiving color differences, ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted). Job conditions may require lifting and/or carrying up to 50lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs, and climbing up to 15 ft.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
• Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
• Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
• Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
• Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
• Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
• Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs