PDS tech is seeking candidates for a Ground Test Inspector position in Mobile, AL
- The Ground Test Inspector (GTI) will be responsible for the planning, execution and validation of Ground Tests in the Final Assembly Line.
- This includes the demonstration of conformity within aircraft systems to the design specifications through attestation in the Company's Test System (ESAO). Initiate actions to isolate, document and ultimately eliminate any deviations detected.
Perform ground tests
- Prepare the aircraft and workstation surroundings for ground tests on various avionics and electrical systems, in a safe environment. Perform function tests on all systems (flight controls, navigation, passenger entertainment, etc.) in parallel to the assembly of the aircraft from beginning to Flight Testing. Organize documentation of any non-conformity in the SAP NC system and initiate associated retests (Repeat Test Instruction) after finalization of rework.
Perform troubleshooting (T/S)
- Perform T/S on test systems and on aircraft systems. Prepare and coordinate troubleshooting and distinguish error types. Clarify problems with the engineering department.
Support improvement measures
- Identify problems internally in order to continuously improve the "On Time On Quality" production process.
Other duties as assigned
ualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5+ years preferably as an Aircraft Avionics Technician with a focus on aircraft systems (electrical preferred) or experienced Quality Inspector in avionics systems in an international aviation
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in troubleshooting on aircraft systems
- Experience in A320 Family type rating is beneficial
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of drawing systems
- Knowledge of quality management systems
- Knowledge of IT systems
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and tools used in the production line
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and procedures
- Knowledge of industrial technical process
- Highly proficient written and spoken English
- Computer skills and working experience with MS Office Products
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on shop floor
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice
- Able to work outside hangers in changing locations. Able to work on movable lifts at the aircraft at a height of approximately 40 ft. Sometimes working in a ventilated fuel tank with a mask in a confined space. Able to enter a wing through a 9.8 inch by 17.7 inch oval opening
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions