PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Repairables Coordinator, in the DFW, TX.
Process customer parts that are returned for credit and communicate on a frequent basis with customer on status of credits.
Processing parts returns: 40%
- Perform reviews of returns
- Process customer warranty, and sales returns for credit
Research parts inventory history: 20%
- Determine sales order and customer identification number to assure credit is applied appropriately
- Run monthly scrap report for review
- Process, through a computerized system, parts returned by customers
Manage vendor activity: 20%
- Maintain vendor warranty claim database
- Coordinate vendor repair activities and follow up on repairs with vendors
- Manage receipt, inspection and stocking of special tooling for customer rental
Communication with internal/external customers: 20%
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, fax, and email
- Prepare sub-contract work orders for all repairable materials
- Open and inspect incoming Repairables from internal/external customers
- Inspect units for documentation, history and/or log cards
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High School education or equivalent is required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a warehousing environment
- Customer service background
- Preferable to have minimum of 1-year helicopter/aviation industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Effective communication skills needed, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service focus
- Attention to detail / detail oriented
- Aviation knowledge
- Familiar with general office procedures and PC skills
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be an effective communicator in both written and verbal forms
- Able to tailor communication style to meet internal or external customer needs
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Microsoft products
- SAP experience preferred
- 0% Domestic and International
- US Person under ITAR definition (U.S. Citizen, green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Continual and daily interaction with customers for status reporting
- Communication with internal departments to facilitate efficient turnaround of repaired parts for customers
- This position resides in the Logistics, Supply Chain organization and reports to the Repairables Logistics Supervisor
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This position contributes directly to the compliance of the company by:
- Efficient processing for customer credit of warranty and sales returned items
- Ensuring tools are in serviceable condition and ready for issue before being offered to a customer
- This position contributes directly to the financial health of the company by:
- Research inventory history records to ensure sales order and credit is applied appropriately
- Ensuring tools move quickly back to the shelf after return allowing for the next rental
- This position contributes directly to the satisfaction of our customers by:
- Continual communication with respect to our customers on the status of their credit(s)
- Having tools available for the customer when needed by the customer
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved Communication on a regular Basis with internal and external parties
- This position communicates within its own chain of commence, with internal and external customers, with external service providers, and with contacts at the AH and AHD facilities in France and Germany.
- Onsite: 100%
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings on a daily basis.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms on a daily basis.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications on a daily basis.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts on a daily basis.
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs on a daily basis.
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs on a daily basis along with heavier parts and/or equipment on a frequent basis.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools on a daily basis.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer on a daily basis.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor on a daily basis, and frequently for long periods of time.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice to the main facility in Grand Prairie.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces on a daily, and frequent basis.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site