Die cast machine maintenance technician
Contract Type - Full Time
Industry - Automotive
Job location - Sparta Illinois
Start - Immediate
Compensation - To be determined by the individual experiences and qualifications
Overtime - Negotiable
Visa Sponsorship - None
Relocation Assistance - Negotiable
- High School/GED
- Two-year Machine Technology degree or similar degree/certification
- Knowledge of general foundry practices
- Solid experience in troubleshooting maintenance and repair on a variety of Machines including realignment and adjustments to machinery
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting PLC's and electronic equipment
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and machine control schematics
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shift schedule including overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Stand, climb, bend kneel and stoop to perform repairs of tooling and other equipment for most of the 8-hour shift depending on assignments.
- Use moderate physical effort in the use of hand tools, wrenches, hoists, pry bars, hammers, etc.
- Carry weights of up to 50 lbs occasionally for short periods.
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by performing maintenance on machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
1. Analyzes machine problems by using troubleshooting techniques, repair manuals, drawings or manufacturer's specifications to determine logical approach to correct the problem.
2. Utilizes hand tools and test instruments such as voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter or micrometer caliper and dial indicators.
3. Tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects.
4. Replaces defective components and wiring.
5. Aligns, adjusts and calibrates machines according to specifications.
6. Maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests.
7. Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade. Writes parts list for equipment repairs.
NEXT STEP RESOURCES GROUP
6465 REFLECTIONS DR STE 150
DUBLIN, OH 43017