Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking a Test Coordination Engineer - Fire Protection System for the Regional Jet Program.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, Engineers may be requested to relocate to Seattle or Moses Lake (Washington State, USA) where aircraft flight testing is performed.
The Fire Protection System Engineer will work as an Test Coordination Specialist for ATA 26-10 (Fire & Smoke Detection), ATA26-20 (Fire Extinguishing) and ATA36-20 (Bleed Leak Detection). This includes interfaces within the FPS team and all other engineering teams; as well as interfacing with the FPS component suppliers in order to achieve the correctness and completeness necessary for FPS certification in the regional jet program.
- Basic work scope is to provide technical assistance to the development and certification of the regional jet program, focusing primarily on FPS performance assessment and optimization.
- This activity includes the following for coordinating the rig, ground and flight tests for ATA26-10, ATA26-20 and ATA36-20 including
- Fire extinguishing agent concentration tests, fire/overheat detection functionality tests and smoke detection and penetration tests, but not limited to.
- Coordinate with internal members such as system design engineers, test engineers and certification engineers towards executing company and type certification tests. As required, communicate with the supplier and authorities.
- Establish the schedule of test preparation, conformity inspection, test execution and reporting, and support team members to meet the schedule
- Support team members for the coordination of conformity inspection by the authorities or delegated certifying staff
- Support team members for preparation and review of FPS test specifications, test plans, test procedures and test reports for the company and type certification tests.
- Interface with the flight test team in Nagoya and the Seattle Head Quarter, Moses Lake Flight Test Center to follow the FPS system tests conducted.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Be prepared to work as a team member in a multi-cultural and international working environment at the Headquarter based in Japan.
- The engineer must be able to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment as well as identifying potential issues with the ability to plan and implement short and long term goals in aircraft development.
- Each Engineer is mandated to meet the schedule by resolving problems and mitigating risk. Coordinate Interaction with other stakeholders (etc. PMO (Program Management Office), SCM (Supply Chain Management), and other engineering teams)
- All tasks required to perform above activities are considered within work scope; initiating/ reviewing related documents, discussion with relevant parties
- Work Experience and Skillset:
- Over 5 years experienced for designated design area.