PDS Tech is seeking a Systems Stress Analyst for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or ten (10) yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Experience in metallic door structures and mechanism analysis is highly desired. - Experience in support of design and development of mechanical systems is desired - 5 years minimum aircraft stress experience required. - Static and fatigue analysis of primary and secondary airframe structure of metallic or composite construction experience required. - Strong background in classical stress analysis required. - Experience with Catia V5 to support stress analysis and drawing release required. - Experience with FEM analysis methods a plus but not required - Experience in workflow review and approval process is a plus.
1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.