THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Senior Structures Engineer - must have Airline Structures Background
-PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO ME FOR REVIEW - (I get to many resumes that do not fit position)
The Senior Structures Engineer reports to the Manager, Structures & Projects Engineering and is responsible for the engineering data, instructions, documents, and technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of aircraft within the following ATA chapter subjects: 25, 27 (structural aspects), 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 71 (structural aspects), and 78 (structural aspects).
• Provide guidance to Structures Engineering staff.
• Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
• Develop plans, instructions, and documents to comply with FARs, ADs, and NPRMs and to resolve non-mandatory in-service issues.
• Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
• Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
• Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
• Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Structures Engineers.
• Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues.
• Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
• CPCP (Corrosion Protection Control Program): Evaluate reported Level 2 and Level 3 corrosion findings, develop corrective action plans, and submits plan in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Evaluate discrepancies that require mandatory reporting to the FAA, and submit these reports to the FAA in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Develop product improvement modifications as dictated by Reliability indicators.
• Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact.
• Organize, develop and provide all necessary Structures Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft structures modifications and repairs within the allocated time schedule and budget allowance.
• Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations
• Implement the Repair Assessment Program (RAP).
• Implement programs to comply with new FARs on Repairs, Alterations, and Modifications
2/3 wks from offer
15 KENNETH MINER DR
WRENTHAM, MA 02093