The Engineers of the Embedded team will be within the Software Engineering Function. The team works with other teams to specify, develop and maintain the hardware electronic control units for the control systems of Hyperloop - for safety-critical, real-time and other uses. Senior Embedded Engineers will contribute to the overall embedded control solution by developing firmware and software for the hardware electronic control units and other embedded platforms.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real-time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Serve as an individual contributor to the embedded software team and cross-functionally throughout the organization
- Active involvement in the formal rigors of high-integrity software development including documentation, planning, testing strategies and architecture
- Work closely with Architecture, Software and Hardware teams to ensure compatibility, certification standards, and safety standards are observed.
- Work closely with the hardware teams to understand control models to implement on hardware
- Work closely with DevOps organization for the design, delivery and maintenance of continuous integration and testing solution for embedded products.
- Work with third-party vendors to integrate their software and hardware components, where applicable
- Keep a customer-focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning development decisions in a productive and diplomatic fashion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated delivery of product(s) using D0178-B or EN50128 software development process
- Experience with real-time operating systems, preferably with a track record of certification
- Experience with software and hardware debugging tools (trace debugging, scopes, logic analyzers)
- Track record of success at embedded software development.
- Varied experience of embedded development platforms.
- Strong understanding of software development fundamentals and best-practices.
- Strong background in an agile software development environment
- Strong, demonstrable ability for automating tasks using popular scripting languages
- Understanding of operating system performance tools, metrics and benchmarks
- Strong understanding of cloud computing fundamentals and architectures
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent field.
- Experience in taking products to certification in any of the following industries: rail, automotive, aerospace
- Experience with Xilinx family of ARM-based SoCs and their associated hardware and software development tool suite
- Experience developing on a broad range of architectures (ARM, x86, etc.)
- Experience implementing continuous testing and integration automation frameworks for ease of development and triage